150 BRILLIANT NURSING RESEARCH PAPER TOPICS
The mother of modern nursing, Florence Nightingale, was the first person to incorporate research into the practice of caring for patients. Since then, the nursing profession has constantly integrated theoretical concepts with real-life practices. Given this, nursing students are often tasked with research papers to gauge their understanding of taught concepts in real-life situations. Consequently, depending on the tutor's instructions, students often have to come up with nursing research paper topics for their assignments. These nursing research paper topics enable the assessment of student's understanding of all theoretical practices.
A research paper topic or question is like the subject matter of a research paper. A research paper by the researcher aims at investigating the question set by the research topic. A research topic provides the researcher with direction on how to handle the research/investigation. Therefore, a researcher must find a researchable topic that highlights their area of interest. Given this, Essay Adme provides students with 150 brilliant nursing research paper topics to help students secure excellent researchable topics. Nursing experts at essayadme.com believe that these nursing research topics for BSc students are ideal for developing quality nursing research papers.
Types of Research
Before delving into the nursing research paper topics, it would be wise to understand the different types of research in the nursing field. All research activities in the nursing field are based on existing theories and principles and considered applied research. The three subdivisions of applied research include:
Quantitative Research: Quantitative research in nursing utilises mathematical or computational techniques in investigating different phenomena. This type of research aims at quantifying different aspects by using statistical and mathematical expressions. After that, the results obtained from quantitative research is evaluated and used in uncovering existing patterns and formulating theories. The results of quantitative research activities are often presented in charts, graphs and tables. Examples of quantitative research topics in nursing include a topic that investigates the numerical values of different phenomena.
Qualitative Research: Qualitative research describes a non-numerical study that is solely aimed at explaining how and why a phenomenon occurs. Thus, the results of this type of study are based on case studies and are often explanatory and descriptive.
Mixed Research: A mixed research activity involves integrating quantitative and qualitative research when investigating a phenomenon. As such, the study analyses data collected from both studies to come up with evidence-based theories; similarly, in the field of nursing and healthcare, mixed research aids in formulating evidence-based practice nursing research topics. These mixed studies help in improving healthcare systems. This article by essayadme.com provides 150 brilliant nursing research topics that could guide a student in conducting a mixed study.
What are the 3 Types of Research Questions?
Research questions are normally categorised into three groups:
1. Descriptive Research Questions:
Descriptive research questions in investigative studies aim at describing something in existence and explaining a phenomenon. Such questions begin with phrases such as, What is?” What amount? and How much? Consequently, these phrases help a researcher in describing a phenomenon.
2. Comparative Research Questions:
Comparative research questions are applicable in studies investigating the relationship between one or two groups using different variables. For instance, a researcher may intend to investigate the social site preferences of different age groups. Thus, the researcher should formulate a research question that compares the different ages and the use of different social sites. i.e., younger individuals are more likely to engage in Snapchat than older individuals.
3. Causal Research Questions:
Causal research questions are applicable when a study aims at determining different variables cause and affect the resultant events. These questions aim at investigating the causes and effects of different phenomena.
What is a Good Research Question in Nursing?
Research in the nursing field requires a clear understanding of how to formulate a good research question. There are different criteria for constructing questions that guide a researcher in investigating their area of interest. Among the criteria used in formulating study topics include the FINER and PICOT criteria:
I. FINER criterion
FINER is an acronym that stands for:
• F- Feasible (assesses the methods of conducting the research)
• I – Interesting (assesses the impression of the research to the community and the researcher)
• N- Novel (evaluates findings of previous studies related to the study)
• E- Ethical (assesses the ethical issues surrounding the study)
• R- Relevant (validates the relevance of conducting the study)
The FINER criterion of selecting a good research topic is applicable in various fields due to its flexibility. The criterion provides the researcher with a framework that regulates the study. Similarly, it gives the researcher room to evaluate the ethical, logical, scientific and philosophical implications of chosen research questions. After that, the researcher can assess the relevance of the whole study.
II. PICO(T) criterion
PICO(T) is an acronym for:
• P- Problem, Patient or Population (assesses the age and gender of persons affected by a disorder)
• I – Indicator or Intervention (assesses the exposure to the disease)
• C- Control or Comparison (sets a control experiment that uses a risk-free placebo, for the interest of comparison)
• O- Outcomes (assesses the adverse effects of the illness)
• T- Time (provides an estimate of the time taken to produce an outcome)
The PICO(T) criterion is mainly used in creating questions for evidence-based research work. This criterion provides a framework that allows the analysis of existing problems, the effects and the solutions. As such, most evidence-based practice nursing research topics use the PICOT criterion for researchable questions.
150 Brilliant Nursing Research Paper Topics
With an overview of the different types of research and research topics in nursing, students can comfortably select a topic and research on the topic. The following questions will help undergraduate nursing students in developing high quality and content-rich nursing papers.
1. Analyse and evaluate the pragmatic language patterns observed in children with autism.
2. Describe the psychological issues of children with congenital heart disease.
3. What are strategies for optimising the treatment of cancer patients under the age of twelve?
4. Discuss the nutritional requirements of a patient under the intensive care unit.
5. Evaluate the psychological issues involved with the care of children with cancer.
6. What is radiation therapy? Describe the response of the hematopoietic system to radiation therapy in cancer patients.
7. Discuss the use of molecular markers in the diagnosis of acute leukaemia among children.
8. Discuss the nursing strategies for the care of older patients with gastrointestinal tract disorders.
9. Discuss the nursing strategies for caring for elderly patients with sensory system changes and impairments.
10. Discuss the effects of ageing on the cardiovascular system
11. What are the consequences of malnutrition to the organs of older patients?
12. What are the recent inventions on the treatment of developmental diseases affecting the nervous system?
13. Describe the pathogenesis and treatment of opportunistic fungal infections.
14. What are the techniques of monitoring asthma in children?
15. What are the animal models used in investigating the pathogenesis of respiratory diseases?
16. What are the causes and symptoms of metabolic syndrome?
17. Discuss the racial differences among children with neuroblastoma
18. What are the medicinal advantages of marijuana?
19. What are the risk-reducing strategies for children undergoing oxygen therapy?
20. Discuss factors that promote early life exposures that might lead to the development of heart diseases during adulthood.
21. How do genetic factors contribute to the development of type 1 diabetes in children?
22. Discuss the pathogenesis and treatment of HHV6 (Human Herpesvirus)
23. Discuss the problems of gender bias within the nursing profession.
24. What are the applicable measures for increasing staff retention in the health care sector?
25. Discuss the health service delivery efficacy for cancer patients.
26. What are the strategies for monitoring and screening of fetus during pregnancy?
27. How does red raspberry contribute to the management of insulin action and oxidative stress on the human body?
28. What are the inventions of science and biotechnology in enhancing food quantity and quality?
29. How has biotechnology
30. What are the prevention strategies of obesity among children and adults?
31. Discuss the role of stem cell in the treatment and management of pediatric diseases.
32. What are the effects of early exposure to air pollution among children?
33. Describe the monitoring techniques of asthma in children.
34. What are the practices used in the prevention and treatment of meningitis among children?
35. Discuss the common complications observed in children with measles.
36. What are the advantages and disadvantages of surfactant replacement therapy for children born prematurely?
37. Conduct a molecular study on neurotrophin and neurotransmitter receptors.
38. How does poor eating habits affect the growth and development of children?
39. Discuss the management strategies of hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
40. What are the causes and treatment of Tourette syndrome among children?
41. How does anorexia affect normal brain functioning and behavioural patterns in anorexic individuals?
42. What are the measures of preventing obesity and eating disorders among infants?
43. What are the long-term effects of ADHD treatment in children?
44. How efficient is mind-body therapy for children with ADHD?
45. Discuss how peer supports is effective in the prevention of postnatal depression.
46. What are the preventive measures of hyperglycemia among newly born babies?
47. What are the causes and of stress among nurses and midwives?
48. Describe the critical concepts of teamwork in the nursing profession.
49. What are the benefits of understanding the social context of women under midwifery care?
50. What are the factors contributing to the psychological trauma experienced in women during childbirth?
51. Describe the roles of nurses and midwives in the monitoring process of emergency care.
52. What are the genetic factors that contribute to bipolar disorders in families?
53. Describe the relationship between OCD and brain inflammation.
54. Discuss the white matter abnormalities with patients with OCD.
55. What are the preventive measures of depression among perimenopausal women?
56. What is the relationship between serotonin levels and the spectrum disorder experienced by individuals with autism?
57. What are the measures of increasing awareness of the effects of second-hand smoking?
58. How does air pollution lead to lung cancer?
59. What are the measures of creating awareness on the cancer-causing air pollution?
60. Discuss strategies for reducing exposure to risk factors of cancer.
61. How can healthcare worker increase awareness of the dangers of second-hand smoking?
62. Discuss the relationship between poor eating habits and disease-associated cancers.
63. How can health workers create more awareness of the connection between cancer and obesity?
64. How can individuals prevent themselves from transmitting HIV?
65. What is the role of school interventions towards the prevention of mental health problems among children?
66. How efficient are the school-based programs that promote sex education?
67. What are the fundamental principles of understanding brain exercise?
68. What are the preventive measures that curb the spread of infectious diseases?
69. How can elderly individuals maintain a healthy lifestyle during old age?
70. Discuss the care strategies for older patients with fragility hip fractures.
71. What are the measures of balancing the benefits and risks of pancreatic cancer surgery among elderly patients?
72. What are the nursing interventions for the care of elderly patients in the ED.?
73. Discuss the roles and strategies of nurses in advanced care planning.
74. What are the ethical issues surrounding the use of physical restraints?
75. Discuss the management of sepsis among critically ill elderly patients.
76. Describe the concept and ideology of geriatric dehydration.
77. What are the nursing strategies for perioperative care of elderly patients?
78. What are the effects of prenatal yoga on infants?
79. Discuss the risks and long-term effects of childbirth through cesarean section.
80. Discuss the symptoms and treatment of fear of childbirth.
81. What is the role of the community in supporting pregnant women to maintain their emotional health during pregnancy?
82. What is the association between Alzheimer's disease and air pollution?
83. What are the effects of meditation on elderly patients with cognitive impairment?
84. Discuss the crisis of food shortage and the possible strategies to prevent food shortage.
85. Discuss the role of trans-fat obtained in margarine as the leading cause in oncogenesis.
86. Discuss the action of monosodium glutamate (MSG) as a cause of headaches and cancer.
87. Is tartrazine a leading cause of hyperactivity among young children?
88. Discuss the health problems associated with obesity.
89. Eating less or eating right. Which action is proper for the management of obesity?
90. What is the leading cause of lifestyle diseases?
91. Compare and contrast the dietary consumption of vegetarians and non-vegetarians.
92. Discuss the ethical issues surrounding the consumption of meat and meat products.
93. Discuss the role of vitamin and mineral supplement for vegetarians.
94. Discuss the causes and effects of overdependence on fast foods.
95. Should the government limit the establishment of fast-food restaurants?
96. Discuss the role of diet and nutrition on a child's brain development during their early years.
97. How does diet promote the process of oncogenesis?
98. According to recent research on dietary choices, nutritional choices are affected by personal preferences and social, economic, and environmental factors. Explain how environmental factors, through climate change, affect people's dietary choices.
99. Discuss the appropriate strategies for sensitising masses on the benefits of organic food towards the realisation of a disease-free society.
100. What are the causes and effects of food shortages?
101. Discuss the mechanism of action of strawberries in lowering the levels of cholesterol
102. What are the technological inventions that aid in the prevention and management of diabetes?
103. Investigate the presence of phytochemicals after the ingestion of fruit-based beverage using the LC-MS or MS techniques. Discuss the relationship between the phytochemicals and the resultant health-promoting activity.
104. Discuss the benefits of antioxidants on the human body.
105. Discuss contemporary intervention to weight loss through weight loss products.
106. Provide evidence-based reviews on the management of bulimia nervosa and anorexia.
107. Discuss why children need more fats in their diet than adults.
108. How does intermittent fasting affect the normal functioning of the body?
109. What are the primary causes of obesity?
110. Discuss ways of overcoming the dependency on fast foods.
111. Fast-foods operate under capitalism. Provide arguments for or against this statement.
112. Discuss the factors that promote the over-dependency on fast -foods. How does this over-dependency affect the American population?
113. Discuss the lifestyle diseases that result from improper dieting.
114. Discuss the nutritional requirements of a newborn baby.
115. Discuss the nutritional requirements of elderly persons.
116. What are 'Free Radicles, and what are their effects on the human body?
117. Should the government ban the advertisement of fast food for children?
118. How do fast foods affect the general population in America?
119. Using examples, explain how an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
120. What are the leading causes of child obesity in contemporary cultures?
121. How does garlic aid in the regulation of insulin metabolism?
122. Is it safe to use food supplements as an alternative to consuming a balanced diet?
123. Analyse the effect of water pollution on marine animals. What are the results of water pollution on the human body?
124. How effective is green tea in the management of weight gain?
125. Discuss the ethical issues surrounding the management of pain.
126. Explain how childbirth is a potential risk factor to the mother.
127. What are the risks associated with teenage pregnancy?
128. Discuss the treatment of restless leg syndrome.
129. What are the causes, treatment and prevention of PTSD?
130. Discuss the effects of race and gender in the management of pain.
131. How do outdoor activities affect the recovery of patients with depression?
132. What are the problems associated with the vaccination of elderly patients?
133. What is the importance of behavioural assessment in pediatric care?
134. Compare and contrast complementary and alternative approaches of therapy.
135. Discuss the efficiency of an affordable health care system within the community.
136. What are the special interventions for the care of pregnant women with obesity?
137. Compare and contrast the maternal practices in rural and urban areas.
138. How does the size of a mother affect childbirth?
139. What is the importance of sex education among young children?
140. Describe the role of e-cigarettes in the attempts to quit smoking.
141. Compare and contrast the psychiatric care of adults and children.
142. Explain the health benefits of yoga.
143. How does drug abuse lead to antimicrobial resistance?
144. Explain the association between dementia and pain among older patients.
145. How does counselling aid in the treatment of patients with chronic illness?
146. What are the obligations of health care workers?
147. How do genetic factors influence the early onset of obesity among children?
148. Discuss the benefits of eHealth to modern healthcare systems.
149. Discuss the reason behind the rapid increase in the number of patients with
150. What are the ethical issues surrounding the care of psychiatric patients?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Nursing Research Paper Topics.
Q. How do you write a nursing research paper?
A nursing research paper starts with selecting a research topic and thereafter intensive research on the topic. The research paper must contain the introduction, the body and the conclusion.
Q. What is a research problem in nursing?
A research problem is a statement concerning a study area that needs modifications, improvements or elimination of difficulties. A research problem in nursing poses a question that needs investigations and thereafter results in elaborate explanations and solutions—disciplines such as social sciences and nursing use research problems to develop proposal topics or questions. In the cases of nursing, students investigate the research problems in a bid to improve healthcare systems within the community. Essay Adme have provided 150 brilliant nursing research paper topics to assist students in conducting conclusive investigations.
Q. How do I find a research topic?
Finding a research topic might come across as a difficult task for nursing students. However, with our great collection of nursing research paper topics, students will find it easier to select a nursing topic. The above section contains a list of research topics for BSc nursing students. Students should ensure that they understand the research questions/topics before settling on a research topic.
Q. What is a researchable question?
A researchable question is a research question that lies within the scope of a study and has a means of investigation. Students should analyse the FINER and PICOT criteria for determining whether a question is researchable.
In conclusion, research in the nursing field begins with the selection of a brilliant and researchable topic. The above 150 brilliant nursing research paper topics will make it easier for students to select a topic that suits their interest. Once students select their preferred topic, they must conduct intensive research to find solutions to the question. However, if you need writing help, feel free to contact essayadme.com for quality and content-rich nursing papers.